The components of military life, such as frequent moves and deployments, can make it challenging for military spouses to pursue careers and other personal dreams. This encouraging book, written by two experienced military spouses, Kathie Hightower and Holly Scherer, offers lessons learned, inspiring success stories of fellow military spouses, and research-based ideas that can be applied to any stage of life.
Although this book shares examples specific to military life, the information and approach can be used by anyone wanting to pursue their life dreams.
Ready to follow your dreams? This book will help you:
- Explore your passions, strengths, and goals.
- Discover possibilities for the life you want to live.
- Create an action plan to move forward, even when you think it’s impossible.
- Learn five keys to happiness you can apply every day, anywhere.
- Tap into the richness and possibilities of the unique military lifestyle.
- Build valuable friendships and support systems along the way.
- Enjoy the journey!
Read the book on your own or as part of a military spouse book club. Book Club Kits come with 10 books and a discussion guide.
*This book is a fully revised and updated third edition of Help! I’m a Military Spouse—I Get a Life Too!: How to Craft a Life for You as You Move with the Military
Read about the authors' journey in Books Make a Difference magazine.
You may also be interested in Stories Around the Table: Laughter, Wisdom, and Strength, to which both Kathie and Holly contributed personal stories.