Elva Resa Publishing is a traditional independent publisher based in Saint Paul, Minnesota. Our mission is to make a positive difference in people’s lives. We specialize in quality resources for and about military families. We pay competitive royalty rates, with international distribution.
Due to a large increase in manuscript submissions, we have changed our submissions process to a call for manuscripts only. (Also see our opportunities for freelance writers, editors, artists, and production specialists.)
Proposals from our recent call for manuscripts are being evaluated to fill a limited number of book release slots for the 2022, 2023, and 2024 seasons. All publishing agreements awarded from this call for manuscripts will be extended no later than September 11, 2021.
Please do not call or email asking about the status of your proposal. Due to the high number of submissions we received, we are unable to respond to queries or provide updates outside this process. We will contact you if we are interested in publishing your book. Thank you to everyone who submitted your work!
Call for Manuscripts
Our recent open submission period for our Elva Resa imprint closed July 31, 2021. We anticipate another call for manuscripts in December.
If you are an outstanding author committed to your craft, platform, and community, and you have a strong voice, unique perspective, and exceptional book that informs, inspires, or encourages military families, please review our guidelines below. We look forward to your proposal during our next open submissions.
Your proposal should clearly show there is a need for your book in this market, you are the best author to write and promote the book, and Elva Resa is the right publisher.
If you have not written a proposal before, we recommend How to Write a Book Proposal (5th Ed) by Jody Rein/Michael Larsen.
We are not currently accepting manuscripts. For your reference and future planning, the following are basic submission guidelines:
- We accept ONLY electronic submissions. Please do NOT mail us a hard copy. Please use our online form to submit your proposal and manuscript/sample chapters.
- We anticipate the next call for manuscripts will be open to fiction and nonfiction, all ages, for our Elva Resa military family life imprint. All submissions MUST relate to military family life and support Elva Resa’s mission.
- Authors may submit directly or through an agent. Please indicate if you are simultaneously submitting your manuscript to other publishers.
- Your work must be original, written by you, and you must own the rights to your work. We will consider previously self-published books if you own the rights and the book has sold more than 1000 copies.
- When submitting your manuscript or sample chapters, please double space; use a readable font, such as 12-point Times New Roman or Calibri; auto number your manuscript pages; keep a 1” margin on all sides; and include your name, email, and phone number in the header of each page.
- Send us your best work.
- We will only consider complete proposals. This is an example of the information you should include in your proposal as well as manuscript or sample chapters we’d like to see for different types of books: Elva-Resa_Proposal-Outline.docx
During the next open submissions, you may submit your proposal in pdf format via an online form using the following file naming convention:
Manuscript/sample chapters: LastName-BookTitle-MS.pdf
Detailed guidelines will be posted with the next call for manuscripts. We accept submissions only during a call for manuscripts.
Thank you for your interest in Elva Resa Publishing.