Elva Resa Publishing is a traditional independent publisher based in Saint Paul, Minnesota. Our mission is to make a positive difference in people’s lives. We specialize in quality resources for and about military families. We pay competitive royalty rates, with international distribution.
Due to a large increase in manuscript submissions, we have changed our submissions process to a call for manuscripts only. (Also see our opportunities for freelance writers, editors, artists, and production specialists.)
Call for Manuscripts
We are currently in an open submission period for our military family life imprint. If you are an outstanding author committed to your craft, platform, and community, and you have a strong voice, unique perspective, and exceptional book that informs, inspires, or encourages military families, we look forward to reading your proposal!
This call for manuscripts will extend between May 1, 2021, and July 31, 2021. Any submissions outside these dates will not be considered.
Your proposal should clearly show there is a need for your book in this market, you are the best author to write and promote the book, and Elva Resa is the right publisher.
If you have not written a proposal before, we recommend How to Write a Book Proposal (5th Ed) by Jody Rein/Michael Larsen.
Please follow these guidelines and requirements:
- We accept ONLY electronic submissions. Please do NOT mail us a hard copy. Please use our online form to submit your proposal and manuscript/sample chapters.
- This call for manuscripts is open to fiction and nonfiction, all ages, for our Elva Resa military family life imprint. All submissions MUST relate to military family life and support Elva Resa’s mission.
- Authors may submit directly or through an agent. Please indicate if you are simultaneously submitting your manuscript to other publishers.
- Your work must be original, written by you, and you must own the rights to your work. We will consider previously self-published books if you own the rights and the book has sold more than 1000 copies.
- When submitting your manuscript or sample chapters, please double space; use a readable font, such as 12-point Times New Roman or Calibri; auto number your manuscript pages; keep a 1” margin on all sides; and include your name, email, and phone number in the header of each page.
- Send us your best work.
- We will only consider complete proposals. This is an example of the information you should include in your proposal as well as manuscript or sample chapters we’d like to see for different types of books: Elva-Resa_Proposal-Outline.docx
Complete this form to upload your proposal in pdf format. Please use the following file naming convention:
Manuscript/sample chapters: LastName-BookTitle-MS.pdf
The confirmation screen indicates your submission was successfully uploaded. Please do not call or email asking about the status of your proposal. Due to the high number of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to queries or provide updates outside this process. We will contact you if we are interested in publishing your book.
Proposals will be evaluated on a rolling basis to fill a limited number of book release slots for the 2022, 2023, and 2024 seasons. All publishing agreements awarded from this call for manuscripts will be extended no later than August 31, 2021.
Thank you for your interest in Elva Resa Publishing.