Elva Resa has several meaningful projects for freelance writers and artists who are interested in working with us on assignment.
Join our team as a work-for-hire writer, editor, artist, or production specialist. All contractors will be asked to sign a work-for-hire agreement. Work is assigned on a project basis. Rights remain with Elva Resa.
As a member of our team of contract writers, you will write content for Elva Resa resources, including books, magazines, and websites. You must have clean, focused writing and meet deadlines.
We are looking for exceptional professional writers with the following skills and experience:
- understanding of the book publishing industry
- expert in one or more aspects of military family life
- broad network within the military community, publishing industry, and media
- variety of published articles in trade or consumer publications and/or published books
- demonstrated experience working with an editor and incorporating editorial direction
- news judgment (e.g., interesting hooks, appropriate experts, quotable interviews)
- strong writer platform and social media engagement
To apply, please complete the form below. Include links to two clips that clearly demonstrate your skills and experience. Upload your resume (pdf), including a summary of your writing experience, previous publication credits, and one to three areas of expertise in military family life about which you are especially qualified to write.
Elva Resa works with editors at every stage of book publication, including:
- developmental editing
- substantive line editing
- fact checking
All editors must be well-versed in Chicago Manual of Style and have an understanding of military family life terminology and military culture. You must be detail-oriented, with demonstrated ability to collaborate with authors and designers, and meet deadlines. We use Microsoft Word and Adobe collaborative editing tools.
To apply, please complete the form below. Include links to two examples of projects that clearly demonstrate your editing skills and experience. Upload your resume (pdf), including a summary of your editing experience, examples of the types of books you’ve edited, and a statement describing your military family life expertise.
Elva Resa is seeking illustrators, photographers, and graphic designers for a variety of print and online projects including visuals for new products as well as print and online marketing communication materials.
We are looking for exceptional artists with skills and experience in one or more of these areas :
- book illustration
- book interior and cover design
- brand-building visual arts across print and online platforms
- military lifestyle photography
- Adobe Creative, especially Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
To apply, please complete the form below. Include two links to work that clearly demonstrates your skills and experience in your area of expertise. Upload your resume (pdf), including a summary of your visual arts or graphic design experience and portfolio of your work.
Elva Resa is seeking production specialists for a variety of print and digital projects including production and prepress files for books and marketing materials, website design and support, enewsletters, and video production.
We are looking for exceptional production professionals with skills and experience in these areas:
- production for print, ebook, and audiobook files
- expert knowledge of color management
- best practices for meeting prepress requirements
- best practices for social media platform technical requirements
- video editing
- Shopify liquid development
- WordPress development
- Adobe Creative, especially Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects
To apply, please complete the form below. Include two links to work that clearly demonstrates your skills and experience in your area of expertise. Upload your resume (pdf), including a summary of your production experience and portfolio of your work.
Thank you for your interest!