Elva Resa Publishing is an independent publishing company based in St Paul, Minnesota, whose mission is to make a positive difference in people’s lives. Due to a large increase in manuscript submissions, we have changed our submissions process to a call-for-manuscripts-only for all imprints.
We are currently in an open submission period for our primary imprint, Elva Resa, which specializes in books for military families. This call for manuscripts will extend between May 16, 2018, and August 10, 2018. Any submissions outside those dates will not be considered.
We are especially interested in resources for preteens and teens, for caregivers of injured service members, and for military spouses of transitioning service members. All submissions should clearly support our mission and be centered around military family life.
Please follow these guidelines and requirements:
- We accept ONLY electronic submissions. Please do NOT mail us a hard copy.
- The submissions can span any genre and age group as long as it relates to military family life and supports Elva Resa’s mission.
- Please double space; use a readable font, such as 12 point Times New Roman or Calibri; auto number your manuscript pages; keep a 1” margin on all sides; and include your name, email, and phone number in the header of each page.
- Your work must be original, written by you, and you must own the rights to your work. We will consider previously self-published books if you own the rights.
- Authors may submit directly or through an agent. Please indicate on the form below if you are simultaneously submitting your manuscript to other publishers.
You will need the following for your submission:
- Your full name, day-time phone number, email address, website/social media links, and mailing address.
- Book title.
- A description of the need your book addresses, problem it solves, or ways it will specifically make a difference in readers’ lives.
- List of key competitive books and what makes yours different (if you haven’t found competitive books yet, keep looking; there is always something similar on the market).
- Relevant author bio/experience.
- Ways you, as the author, will market this book, including existing relationships with key organizations, speaking platform, or social media.
- Your manuscript in PDF format only. Do not submit illustrations.
- For young children through teen books, submit your full manuscript.
- For books for adults, please submit a minimum of your first five chapters.
You may submit using one of the following methods:
- A: Complete this form (requires a Google account) OR
- B: Send all submission information in one email to submissions @ elvaresa.com, with your last name and book title in the subject line.
You can expect to hear back from us within three weeks of your submission.
Thank you for your interest in Elva Resa Publishing.