Elva Resa Publishing is a traditional independent publisher based in Saint Paul, Minnesota. Our mission is to make a positive difference in people’s lives. We specialize in quality resources for and about military families.
Due to a large increase in manuscript submissions, we have changed our submissions process to a call for manuscripts only.
Call for Manuscripts
We are currently in an open submission period for our Elva Resa imprint. This call for manuscripts will extend between December 16, 2019, and March 1, 2020. Any submissions outside these dates will not be considered. Proposals will be evaluated on a rolling basis to fill a limited number of book release slots for 2021 and 2022. We pay competitive royalty rates, with international distribution.
Your proposal should clearly show there is a need for your book in this market, you are the best author to write and promote the book, and Elva Resa is the right publisher.
If you have not written a proposal before, we recommend How to Write a Book Proposal (5th Ed) by Jody Rein/Michael Larsen.
Please follow these guidelines and requirements:
- We accept ONLY electronic submissions. Please do NOT mail us a hard copy. Please use our online form to submit your proposal and manuscript/sample chapters.
- This call for manuscripts is open to fiction and nonfiction, all ages, for our Elva Resa military family life imprint. All submissions MUST relate to military family life and support Elva Resa’s mission.
- Authors may submit directly or through an agent. Please indicate if you are simultaneously submitting your manuscript to other publishers.
- Your work must be original, written by you, and you must own the rights to your work. We will consider previously self-published books if you own the rights.
- When submitting your manuscript or sample chapters, please double space; use a readable font, such as 12-point Times New Roman or Calibri; auto number your manuscript pages; keep a 1” margin on all sides; and include your name, email, and phone number in the header of each page.
- Send us your best work.
- We will only consider complete proposals. This is an example of the information you should include in your proposal as well as manuscript or sample chapters we’d like to see for different types of books: Elva-Resa_Proposal-Outline.docx
- Complete this form to upload your proposal in pdf format. Please use the following file naming convention:
Manuscript/sample chapters: LastName-BookTitle-MS.pdf
You can expect to hear back from us within three weeks of your submission.
Thank you for your interest in Elva Resa Publishing.