Dear Military Teen Applicant,
Thank you for your interest in the Elva Resa Teen Advisory Committee (ER-TAC).
ER-TAC is designed to help military teens share their experiences and advocate for resources that best serve the military teen community. This will be an opportunity for you to be a voice for military teens, share your perspective for possible publication, and influence military teen resources. This letter of agreement and application, when signed by you and a parent or guardian, will serve as our Agreement if you are selected.
- A teen’s nomination must be supported by a participating military family organization.
- Candidates must exhibit exceptional communication skills, a heart for service to the military community, and a positive attitude.
Applications accepted March 30 – April 30, 2022. ER-TAC members will be notified no later than May 6 and announced by May 13. The first term will run through May 31, 2023.
Please complete your application no later than April 30, 2022.
1. Guidelines for Participation
In submitting your application, you agree that you meet the following requirements:
- You are aged 13-18 or in grades 7-12 at the time of applying
- You identify as a military family member
- You enjoy reading and writing
- You are recommended by a participating military family organization
- You have signed consent from a parent or guardian to participate
- You commit to one-year term with option to reapply for up to two additional terms
- You agree to comply with expectations as outlined in the application
2. Primary Responsibilities
You understand that as part of your responsibilities, you will be asked to:
- Generate ideas for and provide feedback on books and other media for military teens
- Share military teen experiences and perspective
- Participate in a monthly video call to discuss current projects and opportunities
You will also be expected to:
- Bring your enthusiasm and great ideas to the table
- Be respectful to your fellow committee members in all interactions
- Attend all scheduled meetings unless you notify Elva Resa in advance of a conflict or emergency
- Be a positive ambassador for Elva Resa and the teens you represent
3. Warranties and Grant of Rights
For any material you create or write for Elva Resa, you agree that you are the sole creator of the material; that you are the sole owner of all the rights granted to Elva Resa; that you have not previously assigned, pledged or otherwise encumbered the same; that you have full power to enter into this Agreement; that the material is original, has not been published before, and is not in the public domain; that it does not violate any right of privacy; that it is not libelous or obscene; that it does not infringe upon any statutory or common law copyright, or any proprietary or personal right of any person, firm, or entity. You represent and warrant that the information you provide to Elva Resa on your application is true and accurate.
Except as we may agree otherwise in writing, you acknowledge that the material generated during your time on ER-TAC has been specifically commissioned by Elva Resa and is prepared solely as a Work-Made-for-Hire as defined in the United States Copyright Act, and you further warrant that you retain no intellectual property interest of any kind in the material, but you may include the material in applications or portfolios as samples of your work. Without limiting the foregoing, in the event the material, or parts of the material do not qualify as works-made-for-hire, you hereby transfer and assign to Elva Resa all of your right, title and interest in and to the material (including without limitation any copyrights, trademarks and any and all proprietary rights in or to any idea or concept). Elva Resa may register the copyright in the material under its name. If Elva Resa wishes to include credit for any material or we wish to publicize the ER-TAC, you grant to Elva Resa the right to use your name, likeness, and biographical data and to record Zoom calls. You understand that Elva Resa is not obligated to give you separate name credit.
In the course of serving on the ER-TAC, you may hear information about Elva Resa’s business plans or processes. Unless this information is publicly known (such as a book appearing in our catalog) or becomes known through no fault of yours, you may not disclose it or discuss it with anyone. You agree to maintain, at all times, the confidentiality of all Elva Resa materials and information provided to you. You agree that you will not reproduce any such materials or information except for the purpose of working with the ER-TAC. You will return any Elva Resa materials upon completion of your term or at Elva Resa’s request.
5. Miscellaneous Legal Provisions
This Agreement constitutes our complete understanding and may not be changed except in writing. A waiver of any breach shall not be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach.
Regardless of its place of physical execution or performance, this Agreement shall be interpreted according to the laws of New York. Elva Resa reserves the right to terminate the ER-TAC or any party’s participation at any time.
Thank you for your interest in working with Elva Resa to make a positive difference for military teens!