- This event has passed.
Horn Leads Stress & Forgiveness Workshops, Hearts at Home, March 13-14, 2015
March 13, 2015 at 8:00 am - March 14, 2015 at 4:00 pm CDT
Sara Horn, coauthor of Stories Around the Table: Laughter, Wisdom, and Strength in Military Life and author of several other books, will lead two workshops on stress and forgiveness at the Hearts at Home WOW MOM: Unleash YOUR Superpower National Conference. The conference takes place March 13-14, 2015 at Illinois State University in Normal, IL. Registration options range from $15 to $180. Some events are sold out. Visit Hearts at Home for more information and to register.
113 – The Proverbs 31 Guide for Stressed Out, Far-From-Perfect Moms
Do you picture the Proverbs 31 wife as Martha Stewart in robe and veil? Do you wish you could do half of what this superwoman does? Have you given up trying? In this workshop, Sara offers a different perspective based on her year-long experiment studying this biblical woman so many say is our ideal but so many of us feel incapable of becoming. What DOES it look like to follow God in our day-to-day mom and wife life? And is perfection really required? Let Sara help you:
- Understand the most important lesson we miss when we talk about Proverbs 31 (and it has nothing to do with housework!)
- Realize the influence God’s placed within you for your family, for better or worse, and learn three ways you can quickly become an influence for good.
- Know the five warning signs you’re becoming more concerned with Pinterest-Perfect than People-Passionate.
- Think about God’s call for your life as a wife and mom and develop your own set of Proverbs 31 traits.
If you’re stressed out, worn out or just giving out, come and get your encouragement bucket refilled! God doesn’t ask for our perfection, just our availability.
114 – How Can I Possibly Forgive?
Everyone experiences conflict and disappointment in life. But some hurts are harder to get over than others. Forgiveness isn’t always easy, even when it’s asked for. But refusing to forgive can impact you in ways you might not realize until years of bitterness have developed. In this workshop, Sara will walk you through seven habits of highly resentful people, as well as seven habits of highly forgiving people, and how you can begin a healing conversation with yourself and God to forgive what’s kept you from moving forward once and for all. Let Sara help you:
- Identify any bad habits you’ve adopted when it comes to forgiving others, and learn the good habits you can apply today.
- Learn three steps you can use to move past hurt even when the person who caused it is unable or refuses to apologize or admit responsibility.
- Realize the importance of forgiveness, and what it means in your relationship with God.
- Develop a deeper understanding of grace and how you can apply it in your day to day relationships, including your family members.
Sara is the founder of Wives of Faith, a ministry for military wives. Her books include My So-Called Life as a Proverbs 31 Wife, My So-Called Life as a Submissive Wife, How Can I Possibly Forgive? and Stories Around the Table. She lives with her husband Cliff, and their son Caleb near Baton Rouge, LA. Connect with Sara: www.SaraHorn.com