- This event has passed.
Henderson Hall Children’s Fair, MilitaryFamilyBooks.com Author Book Signing, Saturday, April 29, 2017
April 29 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
To celebrate the Month of the Military Child, Marine & Family Programs is hosting the 10th Annual Children’s Fair at Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall on Saturday, April 29, 2017, 10 AM – 2 PM Eastern in the Cpl Terry L Smith Gym.
Come to the MilitaryFamilyBooks.com book table for a book sale from 10 AM – 2 PM, with a Meet-the-Authors Book Signing 11 AM – 1 PM.
Featured authors and the books they will be signing:
- Alia Reese, author of My Daddy Is a Marine.
- Kristin Ayyar, author of Countdown ‘til Daddy Comes Home and Countdown ‘til Mommy Comes Home.
- R.S. Greene, author of Where Do I Belong?
- Marlene Lee, author of The Hero in My Pocket.
- Karen Pavlicin-Fragnito, author of Summer of Courage and Life After Deployment; coauthor of Military Life: Stories and Poems for Children and Stories Around the Table.
- Sonia Salinas, author of Muu, Muuu Dice Una Vaca, and El Abecedario Yo Me Sé.
The author table is next to the book sales table in the Cpl Terry L Smith Gym. Books available for purchase during the event at special event pricing include:
Event price $5 each (plus 6% VA tax):
Coloring My Military Life–Book 1
Coloring My Military Life–Book 2
My Dad’s Deployment: A Deployment and Reunion Activity Book for Young Children
My Mom’s Deployment: A Deployment and Reunion Activity Book for Young Children
Event price $8 each (plus 6% VA tax):
Enter at Your Own Risk: Cathy’s Animal Garden
Cedric and the Dragon
The Good Fire Helmet
Military Life: Stories and Poems for Children
Summer of Courage
The Spy With the Wooden Leg
The Wishing Tree
Deployment Journal for Kids
Where Do I Belong
My Daddy Is a Marine
The Hero in My Pocket
Mommy Wears a Uniform
Muu, Muuu Dice Una Vaca
Event price $10 each (plus 6% VA tax):
El Abecedario Yo Me Sé
Countdown ‘til Daddy Comes Home
Countdown ‘til Mommy Comes Home
Life After Deployment
Military Spouse Journey
Stories Around the Table
Right Side Up
Activities at the book table include a Heroes’ Tree/ Wishing Tree, where kids can add special thoughts in honor of their military hero.
- Free single issue of Military Kids’ Life magazine with each purchase of $10 or more (while supplies last).
- Free Countdown Chart and Tell Daddy Chart with purchase of Countdown ‘Til Daddy Comes Home (while supplies last).
Drawings for prizes (no purchase necessary) at the MilitaryFamilyBooks.com table include:
- One-year (4 issues) subscription to Military Kids’ Life magazine
- Set of Coloring My Military Life coloring books
- Pack of 31 yellow wish ribbons
- Our Heroes’ Tree Basket (two small American flags, yellow ribbon, two stencils for making ornaments, a pack of colored pencils)
In addition to the book sales and author book signing, you’ll find FREE fun for all ages!
- Balloon Artist
- Photo Booths
- Video Games
- Board Games
- Bounce House
- Obstacle Course
- Chance to Win MCX Gift Cards
- Discount Lunch Coupon
- Free Ice Cream in front of the MCX
The event is free to attend. Books are available for purchase; cash and credit cards accepted. Lunch is available for purchase in front of the MCX at the American Summer BBQ Expo.
Please register upon arrival at the Cpl Terry L Smith Gym. See the MCCS website for more details and participation agreement.